Thursday, September 3, 2015

"Dressed in Black," by The Shangri-Las


Like many of the songs added to the blog this summer, I heard this one while holding a paint brush, listening to WMSE (recurring theme, right?)

In this entry, we showcase the Shangri-Las again. Two years after the Shangri-Las had a hit with "Leader of the Pack," the band released "Dressed in Black"

They said he was much too wild for me
They said I didn't know what I was getting myself into
They said a whole lotta things
But there are some things they could never understand
That a girl can tell by the way a boy holds her hand
Or maybe they thought we were too young to be in love this way
Well, I don't care what people say
This girl's love is getting stronger with each passing day
This song features a bonus, second interlude:
I climb the stairs
I shut the door
I turn the lock
Alone once more
And no one can hear me cry
No one




Possibly the darkest entry on this blog so far...

No comments: