Thursday, August 18, 2016

"Home," by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes


In 2012, we saw Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes in concert in Milwaukee. It was a great show, a jangly, neo-folk affair. We had a great time.

"Home" from the 2009 album Up From Below got a lot of airplay on 88.9 Radio Milwaukee. Not quite as much as The National, but that's a story for another day.

Here's the spoken section of "Home":
Jade?
Alexander?
Do you remember that day you fell outta my window?
I sure do‒you came jumping out after me.
Well, you fell on the concrete, nearly broke your ass, and you were bleeding all over the place, and I rushed you out to the hospital, you remember that?
Yes, I do.
Well, there's something I never told you about that night.
What didn't you tell me?
Well, while you were sitting in the back seat smoking a cigarette you thought was gonna be your last, I was falling deep, deeply in love with you, and I never told you 'til just now!


Fun fact: Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes is the indie-folk/psychedelic folk project of Ima Robot front man Alex Ebert.

No comments: